View Single Post
# 28 06-12-2011 , 11:59 PM
Noober than noob

DON'T USE TIF!! Gahh! /endspaz

TIF has no standard specification, so each program can interpret the data differently. TGA is much better, as it's still capable of RGBA and compression, and is handled by each application the exact same way.

Some programs will set alpha pixels to white, some to black, some to green, etc. It all depends. What you need to do is use a compositing application, such as after effects. That will solve many of the questions stated here.

I can't get After Effects though (not up for it, buying or downloading it cracked). Ok then TGA. That reminds me of this very old game, Carnivores, which used TGA as images. That's pretty much the only thing I've noticed TGA being used.
Will Vdub render TGA's non-existent background as black?
And will all the colors be displayed accurately no matter what? Even glows? (this scene contains lots of glowing stuff, but I've reduced the stars glow a bit in the next video that will be made).

OBJeeessus!!

Tiff is fine generally...at least its bit rate is true 32bit over targas 8bit x 4 channel depth.

Anyway lets not get into a war over file format...just dont use jpegs...especially in the comp.....

pass me the jpg evaporator!!

J

O_o *confused* so TIFF or TGA?