View Single Post
# 1 15-01-2012 , 11:43 AM
Lifetime Member

Tutorial Apache and Original YZF R6

My old desktop hard-drive died and took Maya and alot of my older projects with it, this was a month or so before I had a baby (well my wife helped a smidge) it's been almost a year user added image

My new years resolution of sorts was to get back into Maya, I aquired a new legit copy and set myself the challenge of modelling my Yamaha YZF... And start a WIP thread to keep me motivated and accountable to continue... Maybe it was the upgrade of version, maybe I'm just getting old.. but unlike riding a bike it wasnt effortless to 'get back on' I feel incredibly 'Noobish'.

To complicate things- right off the bat I had no tool settings panel? hitting the button for it between Attribute Editor and Channel box just made my main panel twitch slightly as did going through Display> UI elements. Without my tool settings even blocking out my rough shapes was beyond me. I couldnt turn off soft selection or mirroring, or change between local and world axis....

Thanks to google I now have it back but it pops up on the opposite side now?? Minor inconvenience but anyone know how to fix this??

I still plan to post my YZF W.I.P here, but to help me get back in touch with maya I'm going to again start (and also include in this thread) my progress on the Apache tute..

Good to be back...

Just realised my Attachments are too large... will resize and add em in a bit.

Learn from others mistakes, it takes too long to make them all yourself.