Thread: Hummer
View Single Post
# 246 31-01-2012 , 01:01 PM
cheers djwaterman,

Maya is an awesome app as are all 3d apps. I do still have problems with it from time to time but when I started keeping my files to a more professional standard (no history, clean hierarchy, objects names, shaders textures etc) I find I rarely have any issues. I am currently working a military contract and would love to branch into other areas but it is incredibly difficult to get paid to do this for a living due to the extremely high level of work that people are now creating. I consider myself extremely lucky to be able to get paid to do this but I am going to return to the UK this summer to look into other ventures. I am currently working with a small team as we are trying to get all of my work running in cryengine 3. I have also begun creating a level and am shocked as to how simple the workflow is what with having some 3d knowledge. I am hoping to have all of the vehicles, marine, para, pilot and ct characters working in the engine when I leave my current contract at the end of May. I will try to get a render up of the Abrams later which is pretty much complete and I am currently just finishing up the uv's ready for texturing.

user added image

user added image