View Single Post
# 48 11-02-2012 , 07:13 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
I know you were mate..no offence taken dont worry..its all in good humour.

Yes I have found that with regard to the Mud interface.....moreso the actual button config being like Mayas...everyone is comfy in it.

The Zb interface is totally customiseable too so you can chuck a load out that you dont need. I did!! And then just save the config out.

Just a little off topic here though but still Zbrush/Mudbox related........read on....

If anything is head and shoulders above all this though its this: I dont think people are appreciative or moreso even aware of the cool support given by Pixologic for Zbrush. Something that neither Alias did for Maya or Autodesk will even contemplate for any of the software they now own. Simply put, you buy a license of Zbrush for what near 700 bucks these days which for software is still damn cheap in the current climate, I bought Zbrush 2 for 275 bucks years back when it 'arrived'. But after the initial purchase every single upgrade or release is then FREE of charge!!! with support for problems of every kind.

It makes me smile when everyone is looking for a crack of it.......granted not all can afford 700bucks but with a little thought....a lot of hassle could be avoided.

J