View Single Post
# 8 25-02-2012 , 04:48 AM
Okay guys here is the video. Once again sorry for the length (25 mins) I did not plan anything out and tries to include as much info as possible. I hope you can find the time to watch it all and please let me know if it helped....

https://youtu.be/ZVIKINCEm7I

NOTES: I just did this of the top of my head. I rambled on a bit but for some reason my vision is all blurry today and I was having trouble concentrating and there was a lot of stuff I wanted to try and cover.

A couple things I want to correct:

I said "even number" a lot and what I meant was Integer number. For a curve or surface to have uniform parameterization it will always be 0 at the start and end in an Integer number. Also I would recommend alway paramterizing from 0 span so you can see that the max value equals the number of spans.

It is not necessary rebuild a surface or curve after every operation. However, you want to rebuild and clear history before you attach and then rebuild after attaching. If you attach, then sculpt, then rebuild your surface can change.

When I was showing the cv's do not move but the edit points do and was struggling to find the words to explain. But the simple explaination is when either end point has to be changed to a Integer or changed to match the number of spans the edit points have to also be redistributed to maintain uniform parameterization and that is why the edit points shift.

Anyway I hope I sid not bore people to death.

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675

Last edited by ctbram; 25-02-2012 at 07:24 AM.