View Single Post
# 14 28-02-2012 , 04:39 PM
The only issue with going with the professional cards, either Nvidia or ATI, if you intend to do any gaming or run any apps that are based on gaming engines your performance will be pretty bad.

I had a Quadro FX 1000 some time ago and ran the one of the graphics somethingMark benchmarks and the performance was just horrible. I tried to play Wow and I thought my system was having an epileptic fit (lol).

It was so bad that I would be running along and then start seeing my life drop and hearing my char going ouch, ugh, oof, ouch...and then I would be instantly dead, and then after I was dead the screen would update to show the guys that killed me squatting on my face and making rude gestures. That was kinda frustrating especially considering at the time that FX 1000 was like a $1900 graphics card. lol

If you want to be sure there will be no issues with the current version of Maya then the only secure way is to go with a qualified card but to be honest the problems with the high-end consumers cards are pretty minimal and give you the most flexibility.

But the decision has to be your own.

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675

Last edited by ctbram; 28-02-2012 at 04:44 PM.