View Single Post
# 30 05-04-2012 , 10:32 PM
Pay your dues. If you want to cough up money for a internship I am going to simply refer to it as tutoring or school. Most of my practical knowledge comes from internships or working for free. I worked months on Battlestar for several summer seasons and never saw a dime. My biggest networking job came from working on Drag Me To Hell for free. That was four months of 16 hour days with 6 day weeks because the SAG strike was looming. My payment at the end was Sam Raimi stopping work and personally thanking me in front of the crew. Memories like that are worth 100k to me. In my 27 yr old life I have worked easily over a year for free. But I can go toe to toe with any camera guy on set and I know that is the reason why. As for 3d I have paid easily thousands of dollars for online training. At the end of the day if you are dissatisfied you need to look in the mirror and ask "what do you really want?" then do it...

Obviously this is circumstantial and I don't have a family of my own or debt but if you hold numerous responsibilities you need to own up to the fact that you can't be a selfish workaholic like myself. But when you choose a family and children the costs skyrocket and your freetime shrinks. I have put work over most things in my life. I have left my home, my country, and lost a 4 1/2 year relationship all because of work. I dont regret one day and am thankful to now work with the people that I do!

Last edited by Chavfister; 05-04-2012 at 11:17 PM.