View Single Post
# 2 18-04-2012 , 10:51 PM

Hey is a scene I am working on. I'm aiming for a cartoon style and i want to emphasize alot on the window and the light. I am planning on making a grassy scene outside of the window. I am trying to add as much details as possible but I don't know what else to do so that it still maintains the cartoon style. also the wallpaper looks very blurry and i'm not sure why.

I reckon you first need to stylize the window. I would go with something minimal for the wallpaper- not sure why its blurred. there could be many reasons why. your best bet is to start from scratch with the material. reapply planar mapping and then a simple shader-lambert with your texture. I always find breaking things down to the 'bear' essentials helps with problem solving in maya.

is that the sun at the bottom? if so it should be high in the sky. also big spec highlights in bears eyes.

oh also depending on your framing. A lamp shade or a clock are classics.. or cliches depending on how you look at them

these would be my uneducated creative opinions so feel free to take them or leave them
good luck
Connie