Thread: Simply ZBrush
View Single Post
# 146 12-06-2012 , 01:37 AM

C4d Shader

Well,

Pretty much the entire material editor is split off into sections and then you can build a layer in that and stack your shaders and effects. The problem is that there is not much documentation on this stuff and finding it takes time to find scene files either in c4d itself or on the forums to deconstruct what people or Maxon have already built. Tutorials don't even help me nowadays... The SSS also only got to the point of accepting GI this build. I try and do everything through the physical renderer and not Vray simply because of the hair. Vray is great if your dude is bald...

Probably the biggest difference I noticed with my work was when I began to create things at scale. Once I did that and baked about 4 maps out of xNormal or Zbrush things began to get much better looking. But the c4d community for the most part understand "zilch" about topology and UVing and you will never get really good stuff with procedurals...

Below is a drawover that I have mocked up for the facial hair. Been working on my F117 and F18 today trying to get them UV'd...

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by Chavfister; 12-06-2012 at 08:21 PM.