Thread: Vertex Problem.
View Single Post
# 1 09-08-2012 , 05:47 PM

Vertex Problem.

user added imageHey everyone. I was looking for categories but I couldn't find the right one so I decided to post here. I'm also new and I don't have a lot of time to search for the right place to post or old threads.

I'm a beginner in Maya and I'm trying to make a sackboy. Whenever I select the vertices the area beomes red/orange/yellow. It used to be blue. To be honest, I don't really care what colour it is, the problem is that the vertex that I want to move also moves the neighbouring vertices. I'm really annoyed and I cannot move forward. I need to create a something by the end of this month or I'm screwed for uni.

This happened before and I resolved it by starting again. Actually, I think I uninstalled and installed the programme again. I really do not have the time to do it again and again DX

Some of you are prolly saying it's imposible to create something when I'm a complete newbie, but I have hopes and I've found great tutorials. I just can't find threads ad videos regarding my problem. Thanks in advance.

Here's a printscreen:
https://img442.imageshack.us/img442/9189/helprs.jpg

PS, I AM USING A FREE STUDENT VERSION OF MAYA 2013.

Can you also explain why it's like that and it's purpose when it's like that. Thank you!

ANOTHER ONE:
Whenever I change one pane (four view pane) they all change! ): (i.e when i change the bottom left to 'front' all views change to front)

Last edited by sillynwinnie; 09-08-2012 at 06:01 PM.