View Single Post
# 13 27-08-2012 , 03:46 PM
Hey forum.

Quick post of the wip toolbox model from the set.

See above screen shot in my original post, this thread, for reference...

About 50 percent there at this point with the basic modeling (taking into account I'm also constructing the innards and roller drawer mechanism). Swapping out the side drawer panels for more accurate versions from better reference so don't pay much attention to them at this stage. They're just my first attempt at some fine modelling and the edges are too fine-seamed.

Front drawer panel (and entire drawer really) is supposed to be ajar slightly and off-kilter by about 4 degrees.

Mia material X shader with levels adjusted to what would be factory level pristine paint settings before I weather it down. No bumps or textures.Basic, but it's a start.

First three are guass renders. Last two are Mitchell at max sample rate.

Having an issue with a couple of verts that are more or less manageable (IE. are fine in that the surface effect they create at certain angles under the lights could very well be something that would appear on a real life toolbox such as this, but if I have the option I'd like to try and adjust and may need advice at some point if I decide it's bugging me too much as it will be something I'll probably face down the road on models where it's not going to look right. I may ask for help on If I have problems and maybe someone could jump in when/if that occurs. It's really minor. We'll see.

Be kind. this is the first completed model I've ever made start to finish, so I'm learning obviously as I go.

See you guys soon...

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by TravisCowsill; 27-08-2012 at 04:04 PM.