View Single Post
# 18 26-09-2012 , 03:20 PM
Thanks as always T.

That was probably the nicest comment I've recieved in a quite a long time regarding anything...let alone my Maya WIP ...um...work.

But seriously, I was actually a little nervous truth be told at opening your comment. High regard and all that mate. Means heaps.

Dave, I'll upload that tonight...PLEASE...take your time. i'm in no rush and appreciater even the gesture. i'll also upload a Ma file of the current model for you to have a look at and will point out the issues I had issues with. Thanks mate.

Anyway,

did a little work this morning. maya had her first total unrecoverable crash last night since I've been using her on my new comp. Luckily, i saved all my files to flash drive and did a re-instal. Yeah, the freak out was that bad on her part.

So, this morning I started working on the thigh and Calv shapes and volumes and will be playnint with the balance on those this evening to find the happy medium, but this is sort of where I'm going to give them a little girth and some basic shape away from the stock rods. Thigh is just about there. I have a few versions of these saved (thick to thin and in between) I'll look at and make the balance choice on later.

As it stands though, they are bulkier than I'll be going in the end. I don't want to loose the spider-limbs totally, so I'm tying down the basic silhouettes and will play with the scale accordingly to bring them back down when I'm happy with the flow.

But the surface detail is pretty much done. Nothing crazy Just a few seam bands and general muscle shaping. I think though, looking at it now, I'm going to give the tops of the thighs a horizontal planed segment at about the third seam down (like looking at the rim of a cup or a bowl/ disc). Like a piston rather than a stretched tear drop.

Hm. We'll see where this goes.

Also started the mid-section ribbon spline detail. Also very basic, but we'll see what I decide to incorporate to keep the theme going.

See you guys later. I have to cruise the rest of the forum tonight a bit to see what's been going on in the couple of weeks I've been MIA. Looking forward to seeing all your fantastic work everybody.

You are all a great inspiration to me.

Trav

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by TravisCowsill; 26-09-2012 at 03:33 PM.