View Single Post
# 1 21-10-2012 , 04:59 PM
Subscriber

First time in Maya in 5 years.

Hi guys. Don't know if anyone here will of seen my other posts this week so to fill you in in short. I used to hang around here a few year back tinkering with Maya and stuff but over the last 5+ years I haven't so much as picked up a pencil to draw let alone opened Maya. However I got my Maya licence installed the other night and decided to jump in a have a play this weekend, starting with poly modelling to see what I can remember. Seem to of forgotten alot but Maya hasn't changed much since I used Alias Maya 4.5 back in the day so very slowly it is all coming back to me. Didn't have any reference images for anything to hand so as although I'm not watching or following the tutorial you can probably tell I did dig into my old DVD collection and grab the reference images off kurts original ninja warrior tutorial. So that's what I'm gonna have a go at modelling.

It's just poly box modelling as it was an easy way to start. The images below are what I have so far. Although I'm fairly early into the model and it's my first time back in Maya still I'd like it if you guys could critique my mesh or anything you see fairly hard as the w.i.p progresses and I will try to take the advise as I want to improve as much as possible this time around.

Attached Thumbnails