View Single Post
# 1 26-11-2012 , 01:01 AM

More maya problems

Okay I am getting fed up with maya. If I cannot resolve this I am done with it!

I have a new motherboard, processor, fresh install of win 7 x64 pro, new gtx 480 graphics card, latest drivers.

I am running maya 2013 x64 SP2.

I have had this problem now since maya 2010! On at least half a dozen different machines!

I will be working and all of a sudden the screen will stop updating unless I move the camera. The outliner and channel box freeze and / or go blank.

And now as an added bonus in this incarnation I cannot close / exit maya! I have to bring up the task manager and kill the process!

I have pretty much had my fill of this problem with maya. If I cannot get a work-a-round of fix so long and thanks for all the fish. As much as I hate th ui in Max and modo I am switching to one of them because I cannot ****ing work this way! Having to stop, kill the god damn process and restart randomly is just ridiculous!

I keep sending bug reports to autodesk and all I hear back is the sound of crickets. I am not the only one that is having this problem so it is not just me! There is some kind of conflict that is causing it. I have had this problem on EVERY installation of maya since 2010 on every single system I have installed maya on (at least 6 different machines!).

I have uninstalled every plugin as I recently had a problem that I traced back to the maxwell plugin. I am going to do a fresh install of maya 2013 x64 SP2 with no addons. If if hangs again I am done with maya!

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675