View Single Post
# 7 27-11-2012 , 04:52 AM
Technical Director
Yes, it sounds exactly what I have experienced before. And as I said in a previous thread, it was very machine-dependent. Another machine with the exact same specs, image, etc; could act very differently. It was usually fixed by putting in a new video card. In our case, it seemed to be more prolific on the Geforces, than Radeons.

However, I would never bet on a software company to change. The problem is that if it's been around for a while, it must be either difficult to fix, track, or maybe even goes under-reported. I see a lot of people just closing the error report window, and then complaining on forums instead. Autodesk employees are very smart people (I know quite a few of them), and the developers want to make the best product they can. However, money speaks more than words in a business; and the ones with the money must not be running into this problem. Or if they are, perhaps not a large enough percentage of the time. When you're in production, it's just faster to pop a new card in, and let them go.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Last edited by NextDesign; 27-11-2012 at 04:57 AM.