View Single Post
# 10 04-12-2012 , 12:13 AM
Noober than noob

Im not sure that baking that way will work if you are using mental ray, try changing to maya software or use the batch baking (mental ray).................dave

For the cube, the renderer was on maya software. But that doesn't seem to be the problem.
I tried step by step following the video tutorial with the cube painted in 6 colors, but when I press Bake and close, it does nothing, and the window just sits there. It worked for the 3D character somewhat, in that I had a result (even if it was not what I expected), but for the cube, it keeps refusing to do so. Could there be an error with exporting to PNG? (that's the format I need the files to be).

Another such error I get when exporting UV snapshots and I open the file in Windows Fax Viewer. Maya will refuse to create another UV snapshot with the same name after I have viewed the file in WFV (and closed), so I have to close Maya and re-open it.

Hmm is anything showing up in the script editor?

This is what S.E. says:

file -f -new;
// untitled //
commandPort -securityWarning -name commandportDefault;
updateRendererUI;
file -f -options "v=0" -typ "mayaBinary" -o "D:/Test/Cube.mb";addRecentFile("D:/Test/Cube.mb", "mayaBinary");
requires "stereoCamera" "10.0";
// File read in 0 seconds.
// Warning: The currently active tab is not a scene tab. This icon size change operation is not implemented for this tab. //
select -r pCube1 ;
surfaceSampler -target pCubeShape1 -uvSet map1 -searchOffset 0 -maxSearchDistance 0 -searchCage "" -mapOutput diffuseRGB -mapWidth 256 -mapHeight 256 -max 1 -mapSpace tangent -mapMaterials 1 -shadows 1 -filename "D:/Test/Cubetex" -fileFormat "png" -superSampling 1 -filterType 0 -filterSize 3 -overscan 1 -searchMethod 0 -useGeometryNormals 1 -ignoreMirroredFaces 0 -flipU 0 -flipV 0
// Warning: At least one source and one destination surface must be specified //
select -r pCube1 ;
// Error: Please setup at least one target surface //
// Error: Please setup at least one target surface //

Before -r pCube1, I forgot to select the cube. But now it says it needs at least one target surface. What does that mean?

Last edited by SilverFeather; 04-12-2012 at 12:23 AM.