View Single Post
# 38 08-01-2013 , 11:59 PM
Noober than noob

My bad, I envisioned motion graphics when you said logos and I know Maya is not needed for that. I assumed you meant screenplay when I read "scripting" and being familiar with MEL could get you out of some jams and make things easier in general. But anyways, I hope it all comes together, good luck and have fun and stuff! user added image

Thanks. Good luck to you too.

I've made some logos and titles in Maya, such as this one (the title of the chapter in blue):
user added image
However, Corel's displacement effect had the ultimate touch in it. I didn't use the auto 3D text from Maya since I wanted a font that I did not have nor do I know if this kind of font exists already or not. I just wanted an A that will have that line extended. The rest of the text was whatever came out of extrusions and vertex merging.
For most of the other logos and chapter titles (including novel name), I've just used free fonts with added effects / paint but stated that credit goes to the ones who made the free fonts.
The logos that my friend has to make are the team's name (which will be similar to the font in the picture above), the series name and any other logos that might be needed on buildings, and on notebooks (in a school scene). We will not use the free fonts in it though, so we will have to make our own for everything except where normal (Arial) text is needed.

Only time I've used MEL was after I've read how to reset preferences due to some bug with Maya at some point (something related to rendering).

This animation could eventually work, but then I have a few questions that I am not sure who to ask, but the answers would help me know what I'd need to start with, but also to know if the idea itself is viable or not. Those things I do not know enough information about are what make me worry that I'm just dreaming too much and that it might never work.
Not sure if creating a thread about that here (probably in lounge section) would be ok, I'd probably get roasted like boar over a fire. Lol.
Or could I ask here about it? I do not know who around here is familiar with stuff about movies / stories in general.

Last edited by SilverFeather; 09-01-2013 at 12:54 AM.