View Single Post
# 40 10-01-2013 , 08:20 PM
Noober than noob

I'll call you mad then but moving swiftly along user added image

If you decide to restart that character try following Jay's tutorial here to block out the base.

https://simplymaya.com/siggraph/siggraph-day-two.mhtml

When you have the base done if you post up a new wip I'm sure you'll get some help from the nice modeling experts here on how to add res and turn it into something that looks good and can be animated. There's the hand modeling tut as well, combine those things and you'll be well on the way.

Also where's your image planes and refs for the character? Make sure you're not making any of these mistakes https://3d.about.com/od/Career-Resour...g-Modelers.htm

Another thing you should keep in mind is anatomy, I don't think you need to be the master wizard at it but to make credible characters stylized or not you need to understand some landmarks and underlying structures. This relates to animation as well, as the structure makes the function and if you don't know it your movement will look off.

@Gen: I'm about to restart lumpy alien attempt episode 2 starting to hate that thing with a passion user added image

I already did restart it long ago, this is an older thread, but currently all I have is half a face, and then I was told to set the edge flow right, now the thing I need to figure out is how to make the edge flow right.
Another problem is that I did not use refs first, then I started to search for refs and found some, but now I don't know if again I have to start from scratch or I can use what I already have (not the character, the restarted face).

This is a backup of the restarted face. It had all quads (and I don't think there are any tris, unless the ear has one somewhere, I forgot), but probably not (scratch that, SURELY NOT) evenly spaced edge loops, and the nose needs to be re-done. I then started to remove some loops and try to re-do the whole arrangement of the loops. Should I pick back up on the backup instead of the one I'm trying to rearrange the edge loops on?
user added image
user added image
user added image
user added image

Last edited by SilverFeather; 10-01-2013 at 08:27 PM.