View Single Post
# 21 12-01-2013 , 09:05 AM
Subscriber
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA you guys just looking at the nice images and not reading ain`t ya as both comments have already been answered but never mind.

Thanks for the complements though...

The leg is looking good have you thought about rigging it ?

Yes - The whole project is based on the idea I want to learn how to rig robots and its also a HDRI lighting experiment. Both fields I have very little experience in. But saying that I have learnt with this project how to model some insane shapes.

Tweet, I noticed you have images of actual physical parts. Do you own a model you are able to pull apart or did you find those images on-line?

I would imaging a scale model with that level of detail would be quite expensive.

The images are from I guy called Ryan Coombes who built the model himself as there is not a good one out there on the market. Please have a look at his website as it is a fantastic project. Me and him have had a few convo`s about this guy now and has ever taken some more photos of it for me. Without his photos this project would be 200% harder. He said it cost about £410 to build and about 600 hours to make and the scale is about 1/16. I would love to have model or be able to build one.

His website is https://www.ukmonsters.co.uk/robocain/robocain.html - make sure you check out the youtube video at the end as well.

I also have a very small model of the guy (he uses it in this photo for a scale joke) which although badly moulded in place is great for seeing where everything goes and scale.

Attached Images

Last edited by tweetytunes; 12-01-2013 at 11:32 AM.