View Single Post
# 4 01-03-2013 , 12:51 AM
SM Tea Boy
all my backups stay local at all times as well as go to the cloud, there is never a situation where i need to go to the cloud to pull data (to slow) the only time that would happen is if my local drive goes bang and i need to get my backups back.

As for fees well if you store 100gb of your most important stuff in the cloud with something simple like google drive (that's a lot of maya projects user added image) it does a great job of seamless file & folder backup, everything stays local for speed and if your hd goes bang just reinstall the software on a new system and everything is back.

now it's true that while your internet is down it wont be backing up but you still have access to the data and as everything is backed up minute to minute the most you will lose is the file you are working on while the net is down, that is if your computer blew up at the exact same time the internet was offline user added image

give the free google drive a go 5 gb for free 100 gb is $4.95

Anyway enough cloud backup evangelising lol I'm sure other people with have solutions that might fit you better user added image

Cheers
Dave

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"