Thread: UV Question
View Single Post
# 1 29-12-2013 , 05:16 PM
Subscriber

UV Question

I have a small project I'm working on at the moment. It's a house that me and my wife are building and I wanted to model and texture it in Maya before we started on it to get an idea of what it would look like. I'm using textures from the net for brick, stone, wood, siding, fabric, etc... I already have a bunch of materials in my hypershade because I am laying out the UVs for separate objects, for example... I have one for the washer/dryer, one for the tile in the bathroom, one for the dresser, one for this and one for that. By the time I am finished with this thing I will have a LOT of them! My question is... is this right? Or should I wait to texture the whole thing when I am done modeling and lay all the UVs out in one or two files? I do Maya for a hobby and am not sure what the standard way of doing this is. Also I realize that I need different materials for glass and more reflective surfaces and also ones that are not as reflective such as shingles and whatnot. Also, I don't really know how to use the bottom portion of my hypershade to graph these objects (inputs/outputs etc...) Do I need to bother with it? Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks

Sampson