Thread: How slow?
View Single Post
# 8 20-02-2003 , 04:24 AM
Subscriber
Hey englar, im running a Pentium 4 2.4 ghz, with 512 ddr ram and the ATI RADEON 9700 pro... single processor... but hella fast user added image. And gekko.. make sure you have norton or mcaffee antivirus.. so that you can check for trojans and stuff! those can make your computer move like a slug. Also If your Harddrive is almost full then you have to give it some free space.. so back stuff up on disc if you have a burner and get it off.... ANother thing and i forget the total name. But if you are running off of a windows OS then go "Start>Program files>Accessories>system tools?.. Well its in the system tools folder, or just the acessories folder. And its a thing there that has to do with cleaning up your disc. Its not the one that actually deletes the files that you dont need.. but its the one that cleans up your whole harddrive and i have had friends that dont do this once a month.. or week, and wow... i did it for them and their computer went from moving SUPER slow.. to moving SUPER FAST!. So check those out.. if someone can give the exact name it would be appreciated... i THINK its called "Disk Defragmenter". Yea, thats it user added image. Cya man, hope this helped

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com

Last edited by M; 20-02-2003 at 04:28 AM.