View Single Post
# 3 23-03-2014 , 11:10 AM
Yes, thanks, it's a great tutorial but I'd like to avoid closing holes (meshes are planned to be used as clothes in poser) and in my case retopology in Z-brush, even though mostly symmetrical often gives undesirable results like this -
user added image
(And it's the most decent result I got so far). It needs long editing after remeshing to get proper edgeloops. And keeping good flat UVs is important for me too - unfolding such body-wrapping models leads to distorted UV map.
Retopology in Maya (as far as I saw through pictures in Web) gives better quad flow, with smooth edgeloops and if the author of the method above was right, it helps to keep original straight UVs. I guess there must be another method to use Uvs of remeshed quad flat model (the second mesh) and build 3D quad mesh on their base (I came across such hints in Web), but I don't know exactly how to achieve this. May it be true?
All the time I try to transfer attributes, it seems I check wrong options or I miss some important preparations, so cannot get the described "Boom!" result. What should I do first?
And the script from Adam Vanner could be a good solution for me too, but I cannot run it. What is this pymel core runtime, must it be built-in in all Mayas or the script is purposed for another later version, not for Maya 2008 x64?