View Single Post
# 1 15-04-2014 , 04:10 PM

Polygon to Nurbs for IGES needed

Hey Community,

I have Clientwork to do and the Output file changed into IGES now without any other Option.

So I spend a weekend google that thing around IGES.

I choose Maya for getting the bad way from Polygons to Nurbs to IGES because i cant handle NURBS (at least not in the timeline)

I dont have permission to Upload it here for a test on it so i made a similar one from a Backup to have a foundation for your support.

I Imported my Modell as OBJ file from Max.
I went to the Modifie=>convert=>poly to subdiv
error throws up:

deleteInternalValence2Verts |Kammuser added imagelane002|Kammuser added imagelane002Shape;
polyToSubdiv -ap 0 -ch off -aut on -maxPolyCount 11000 -maxEdgesPerVert 40 |Kammuser added imagelane002|Kammuser added imagelane002Shape;
// Warning: file: G:/Programme/maya/Maya2013/scripts/others/deleteInternalValence2Verts.mel line 25: Nothing is selected. Select objects or components to delete. //
// Error: line 1: Command polyToSubdiv failed. Open Script Editor for details. //

As far as i was looking for a solution i get to the point it says there are ngons

1) is there any way possible i can try to get a IGES file out of Geometr in generall? Tomorrow is Deadline, maybe someone can help me out here.
2)how can i move on to get that converted, its not that complex and as i build it it should have no verts like that...
How is it fixed in Maya, please get me a short step to get that import going.

Thanx for Livesaving