View Single Post
# 1 16-04-2014 , 02:07 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore

Small Announcement

Hey all

I thought I would take this opportunity to make an announcement here on Simply Maya as its probably the only 3d related site I actually frequent . David and Nilla and small handful of 'close' members have been aware of this news for sometime now...but anyway read on

So...Ive been been doing 3d since around 1997 and a member of Simply since around 2003, and Ive seen member come and go, and over the period of time Ive done tutorials for this site and Ive also bounced around studios in the industry a fair bit, been out of work and so forth...but since working in Dublin as head of modelling things have really picked up since being home here in the UK. Ive since worked as a senior modeller and Lead Modeller at Reliance/Digital Domain on Enders Game, GI Joe 2 and Michael Bays Black Sails and more recently Ive had the opportunity as a senior modeler to work at Framestore on Robocop, Jupiter Ascending (as a modeler and creature td) and for the next month Guardians of the Galaxy.

After this stint finishes at Framestore I am really happy to say that I will be heading on to pastures new and fulfilling a (thus far) life long dream to finally go and work and the newly set up Industrial Light and Magic studio here in London.

What projects I will be on is anyones guess right now, but theres a few big things in the works, and Im sure over time I will be able to let you know or the internet will tell you before I do user added image

So anyway I wanted to share this with you all now that I have exactly a month until it all kicks off....I hope sincerely new and older members can be inspired by this...

now for the hard work....

cheers
Jay