View Single Post
# 3 09-05-2014 , 10:23 PM
Hi Gen,
Thanks for the quick reply.

I already tried the command line entry, and though it fixed the render whilst Maya was open it didn't stick when it was saved and shut down to batch render from the cmd prompt. In earlier attempts I was getting gobs of these warnings with nMB per warning. The original render was over 8 minutes per frame. After a couple of hours of futzing/optimizing, it came down to just one warning message and a 2:30'ish render time. I have no idea what happened since I wasn't tracking my every move. Whatever it was though hasn't resolved this last warning. FYI: I'm not well versed in rendering so my next question would be, is a 2:30 minute render time for a pure ambient occlusion layer, 1280 x 720 normal? I suppose it's calculating all the normals in the scene ... ??

As for that other message, I only know of one place in the render options to select a camera and it's currently pointed at the correct one ... and rendering it to boot user added image I've even tried importing the animation into a new file and building the camera system and all the lights from scratch, but it doesn't seem to help.

Since it is rendering and looking decent, I'll take your advice and ignore these warnings. My OCD side is still screaming though :^D

Thanks much!