View Single Post
# 4 03-07-2014 , 03:46 AM
Trying
Yeah, looking at some older posts, other people have had a similar series to that chipset and have experienced trouble running Maya optimally. 2 GBS of RAM is also on the low end to be running 64-bit software.

You could just buy individual parts but for a laptop, it's different than a desktop where it'd be much easier to just open up and replace yourself. It depends on your laptop, I'd say look up your model online and see if anyone else has replaced parts on it. But in general, you don't replace parts on laptops as much because you have to dissemble it carefully, as you run the risk of just messing it up and breaking it. I would also suggest getting more RAM, so often, when you have to replace so many things, it ends up being more cost-effective to just buy a new laptop/desktop.

Of course, that's expensive ha. But yes, a dedicated graphics card would help in general with running Maya more smoothly (though I don't know if that's 100% the answer to your original question for the playblast issue, just a possibility)