View Single Post
# 11 03-07-2014 , 05:57 AM
Trying
Okay, I'm not an expert with this in terms of what exactly would be best for 3D work, so hopefully someone else can also chime in ha.

The Acer you listed, it uses the new GTX 800 series, so there's good and bad to that. New being it's updated and top of the line in terms of release date, but you also get less reviews and research done on it. That being said, it seems good and nice, but there's more than just the gpu. If you have the money, buying the upgraded version (in this case, the $799 one which gives you the i7 processor and 8 GB of RAM) would help. If you're rendering, it'd be nice to have more RAM and a good CPU.

Laptops also don't have the best cooling systems compared to desktops, so down the line you might need to get something like a cooling pad as well if you find your laptop's temperatures going up while rendering.

Also, whatever you buy, I'd suggest taking a look around for sales/deals/discounts, even on the brand website. Look and ask around, you could save a good hundred bucks or so.