View Single Post
# 14 13-10-2016 , 03:35 AM
Sorry to say, and don't let this get you down, but it looks like you're kinda back to where you started. There's a severe lack of shadow information. For example, there should be noticeable shadows under the bleachers. Some of your objects have shadows but then they completely disappear in the darker areas of the floor. Maybe it's just an issue of using d-map shadows and it's just a matter of finding the right settings.

Seems like you just need to troubleshoot what's causing the shadows to get washed out/away. My approach would be to return to your previous settings. Then make an adjustment, check render, make another adjustment, check render, make another adjustment, etc. I would keep repeating that until I found out what was causing the shadows issue.

You know your settings and scene better than anyone so always proceed the way "you" feel is best, otherwise, you'll either never finish your project, or you'll end up with something that's not really what you wanted. Just want to make sure you don't feel like you have to do everything we tell you. We won't be offended if you don't. Although, I do know that Gen's lighting work is really good so I'm definitely always excited to hear what Gen's suggestions are (winks at Gen).

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!