View Single Post
# 1 28-07-2019 , 06:15 AM

Project texture from existing image plane

Hi!
I made a simple animated character by copying a sprite sheet.
I created an orthographic camera as in the old 3/4-view JRPGs (actually used it from one).
Then I imported the sprite sheet via an image plane and placed it in front of the camera accordingly, you know, 45 deg angles on 2 axes.
Then I moved the sprite sheet over the model frame by frame moving the image over the shape and the shape into position and finally got a great animation.
Now my only problem is that I want to experiment slapping on a texture from the same image plane and I can't find how.
I tried graphing the image plane in hypershade but it won't show up. I was thinking...nodes possibly? I have no idea where to start.

Question is: - Is there any way to project a texture from the same image plane onto the model?

I tried importing the same image and scaling it with the planar interactive placement but I can't find the same scale or position for the love of me.

Is there any way I could copy the transforms from my original image plane to the placement node? Or just project from the image plane, linking it somehow? Or anything else really.