View Single Post
# 3 13-03-2021 , 01:31 PM
Well, pretty much every 3D Package does the same thing but the differences even small ones can make huge impact on the workflow and efficiency/speed.

What I was curious about is how they differ in terms of workflow for example once "mastered", which one is faster to model stuff, in which one is easier to handle LookDev of large scenes, which node editor ( Hypershade vs Slate Editor ) has better and more useful features, in which is faster and easier to do lighting etc.

For now to me Maya seems simply way slower and way worse than 3ds Max in nearly every possible way but that's because I'm not used to it very much that's why I was curious, I bet here is a lot of people who are experts in both. Of course I can invest weeks-years and then I will know the answer myself which one is actually better for me.

Or maybe I could make a list of what possibly I would do and then compare each feature which one feels better and does faster and then sum everything to final "score". Or even better: Quit Autodesk & Learn blender user added image

Last edited by FluxMode; 13-03-2021 at 01:38 PM.