Thread: *WAR*
View Single Post
# 125 26-03-2003 , 02:05 PM
Subscriber
heh...

alexGC:

What things do you refer to when you say "(...) the things that u and I hold dear in this world (...)" ?

I have not (yet) argued against religion! Please be specific. I simply stated that I don't like semi-religious traits in politics.

What is an "apolitical statement" ? Im not used to that term.

You guys can justify the way any way you see fit (man is free to feel whatever he want to feel/think/mean/say. But I say it is a nast habit in the world, to keep the worth of humans below anyones political interest's. This specific anti-war sympathy of mine is (of course) personal and I do not claim to know anyones oppinions.I do not hate people 24 seven, because people are free to make up their own minds.

However...
I have the impression, and probably with the same confidence Bush has in "god"...

...that most people, who maybe turns semi-philosophical in terms of justifying this war (any aggressional war, with immediate self-defence taken out of this setting), do not really seem to understand what aberration it is to support war today (or do nothing about it), IF people agree to the war as "humane", or "justified", or the "right thing to do", or "to bring democracy to Iraq", or even try to play the "Iraq is a danger to the world" phrase.

People seem to accept the cost of a war.
AND THAT IS WHAT ANGERS ME.

And if people accept this, then I fear they do so, fully lullied into self-rightousness, based on what I'd like to call; "simple binary feelings". Like saying; "the war has started" = "the war should be completed in order to finish and end the war". I do not claim to know how people do their reasoning, and I will never know for sure how they do their reasoning, but I find it very suspect, when people simply want to "get it over with". Like adldesigner wrote to me earlier.

Anyone claiming to be ONLY "sad", "mournfull", "in regret" of the war, should be in acceptance that they probably accept going to war or even accept finishing the war with what it costs now and probably in the future.

...just as long as we get it over with...

Shame on you guys for go along with the war, in spite of alternatives, or to accept the abberation of war.

I am not against war per se, but any war apparanty based on the whim of politicians, that aren't showing the proper integerity, when jusifying war, they are apparantly in error. Or worse they are possibly criminals. An object to my recentment, anger and posssibly hate.

A personal interpretation of POW's, would be that they could be killed, for the sake of a very vague motive of self-defence, as any POW may be a future terrorist or the like. But one doesn't kill POW's. It is not morally or ethically a sane judgement. Still... the USA have chosen to go to war, based on claims of self-defence.

Still there is no shame in protesting against war. Any left-wing protesters refusing to support war on any terms, should be respected for their views. Some protesters are probably more thoughtful than others, but please do not ridicule any pure anti-war sentiments.

I do not support Bush! Nor Saddam! Long live UN!