Thread: *WAR*
View Single Post
# 135 26-03-2003 , 04:55 PM
How frustrating it gets to hear this naive idea that the world could live in a non-war political realm.
Human's basic instinct is to protect themselves...its rather quite simple. Sure I could argue all the reasons that wars get started and all the reasons not to fight for certain things, but when it comes right down to it everyone hear would kill another if they were threatened with death themselves.
Now not all of us in our life times will be threatened with death so its easy to sit back and select which reasons you think are legitimate to fight for. For me it is only my family and my posessions. If someone is willing to take from me with force then they better be ready to meet force as well. If a person feels that their posessions or family are being threatened by the weakening of their countries economic standing or attacks close to them then they might connect that threat with fighting for their government as well.
I guess there is an argument that some could make that they would not protect these posessions, but where do you draw YOUR line? If you don't protect it somewhere, then people whom take things by force will be back for more and next time it may be your family.
This is in no way taking a side to the US or Iraq, or any government for that matter and in most ways the only reason for governments anywhere is to take things by force from its people. I just can't believe that people believe there is ever the possibility in this world that we could live without war. People will always live under their basic instincts. Since survival is one of the most basic --people will always try to take advantage of people that they see as weaker or that they see they can benefit from.

just trying to pick a few things up