Thread: VFX for a movie
View Single Post
# 28 13-04-2003 , 07:31 PM
Subscriber
Let me start off by saying THANK YOU FOR YOU CC. I would never get offended.

I'm not sure yet how to UV map it! I'd like to learn tho, since the texture on the smaller ships is actually the same one that was made for the mother ship, i was thinking about learning the UV stuff and kinda using photoshop stamp to make it. Actually i didn't even do the textures myself (i did everything else tho). They were done by greg sandor my texture guy(i mentioned this on the first post).

The movie (and this is all I really know) Is a low(very)-budget slapstick type comedy. And bout halfway through the movie aliens attack! How funny is that? I dunno the director is a wicked funny guy, and this is the best movie hes ever done, so it should be good.

Jen, if you know anything about particles (its a simple directional emmiter) and if you know how to do that please let me know. I am new to them and did this with only the knowledge i was givin from the free "Fire Ring" tutorial (on simplymaya.com). So i thought i did a decent job. Although that obviously makes alot of sense.

On the mother ship, its a Very detailed Tex, bump, and specular maps actually. So i'm rendering a large picture with Production Anti-Aliasing tell me what you think. I could show you guys the bump and spec maps too if you like.

Okay, and you said more lights, you mean lights from the ship? I was planning on making a lumnescent map, but haven't yet. Right now it just has a bunch of colored point lights.

Heres the colour map

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
Aol Instant messenger: mrcoolbp2

Last edited by Vectorman; 15-04-2003 at 08:33 AM.