View Single Post
# 4 19-04-2003 , 04:21 PM
ok you've made a good start with the texturing but there are a couple of probs I can see (Dont get dishearetened i've been trying to map my current WIP for 2 days now!! user added image) I've circled the problems in red (sorry for messing up your pics!) just to highlight the problem areas.

With the goblets pic you need to do different planar maps on the sides as they are at too much of an angle to be properly mapped by the one on the top. That is why you are seeing a stretching effect. You may be able to fix this by playing with the UVs and moving them around till it looks ok.

In the second one main problem is that the texture across the table repeats too much and thus doesnt look real. Is this a UV map or a procedural? If it's uv make a bigger more detailed map. If it's procedural then adjust the properties so that it doesnt look like it repeats.

For more detail on the table what about adding bumps and scratches etc. Make it look used and damaged. You can do this with bump, specular and displacement maps.

If you need any help with any of this I'll be glad to help you out
Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB