View Single Post
# 6 05-05-2003 , 06:41 PM
I agree to a certain extent..... For the artist that have used Maya for a while and are really looking for a crit most do post C+C welcomed.

But you also have to rember that this forum does have a lot of beginners that are tring really hard to learn the software. Lets face Maya is not that easy program at first. So for the newbies as you put it... It takes a lot for them to post up there first works, so why would you not give them encouragement by saying great start. You can tell right off the bait weather the person posting is new or has some experiance. If you go right down on them telling a new person everything you think is wrong that will just discurage them form continuing there 3d persiutes and comming to SM.

Im all for getting a good crit and welcome them, its a great way to learn and push your self to open up and see things that other people see.

In my eye's it just comes down to the work that is posted if I can tell that the person is a newbie and is just looking for some kind words so that they feel like they are on the right track. Sure i'll say great start and try and pay attention to so and so area. If the post is from someone I know is more than new and is looking for a good crit!! I will go into a more indepth crit, getting into the model lighting etc.

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb