View Single Post
# 21 08-06-2003 , 01:54 AM
Subscriber
I had an old version of poser that came on some old magazine front cover and it was partly that that made me want to make models for myself, because there are only so many default things you can look at. Never tried Bryce, tried old versions of Max, Truespace and Cinema 3D but like Maya best by far.

It is easy to tell a poser model, even for a new fish like myself but I think one should make a distinction between people passing poser models off as their own work and people saying hey this is what I did in poser what do you think, those people who are just out to compose an image not model things.

If people want to create great still images without modelling then why shouldn't they use premade models; the important thing for me is they should SAY they are doing that.

I have seen some really nice pieces created with both Bryce and Poser but for me the fun is as much in the making as in the posing. I'd rather have a half arsed model made by me than a great one made by poser. Which is a good job given my models! But I do think one can class such pieces as decent art, they are just a different facet of it. It's people lying about making the models which is the problem with those programmes, not the programmes themselves imho.