View Single Post
# 5 04-07-2003 , 09:40 PM
Subscriber
Ahh! Offset! *slaps forehead* I was thinking about keying, then setting the post infinity to one of the selections, but I figured it would just keep making tx go from 0 to 8 repeatedly. With offset however, it does just what I want it to. I forgot all about it. lol!

Ok, so here's what it looks like in action. I have a four-legged spider with IK handles. Each IK handle is parented to a locator. The root joint is run by a simple expression (tx = frame * .2; I think) and the locators have four keys each with post infinity set to cycle offset. Very basic walk cycle.

The mb file is attached. (74.6 kb)

Thankyou kbrown and Mark! I don't know what I'd do without you two.

EDIT* Ok, I just noticed a problem. 900 frames into the walk the legs seem to get ahead of the body. This had to do with the tx value of certain keys being miscalculated by me. The problem is now fixed and I have uploaded a new file.

There is one other problem I'm not entirely sure how to fix though. The left hind leg extends too far during the walk. It's perfectly straight when this happens. You can rekey the locator and bring it forward a bit, but doing this messes up the leg in the long run. Any suggestions on that?

Also, since this has turned into more of an animation thread, a moderator can feel free to move this to the animation board if they like.

Attached Files
File Type: mb spiderwalk.mb (74.6 KB, 234 views)

www.Darkware3D.com

Last edited by Darkware; 04-07-2003 at 10:01 PM.