Thread: Suit of armor
View Single Post
# 19 16-07-2003 , 01:13 AM
Thanks Raull. I have started to add detail and I got over a large mental hurtle, adding depth to the nurbs surfaces. I ended up duplicating and scaling the neckpiece down about 95%. Then I drew a line snapping it to the end of the original piece and then to the end of the duplicated piece. I moved the CVs around to make a curve then used the birail tool to create the curved edge. I repeated this for the top, and used the wonderful birail tool again to make the raised section near the bottom. That time I used a curve on surface that I drew as one rail and the other rail was an isoparm from the lower lip. I tossed the button like shapes on as well, moving them to fit and rotating them to get the correct angles.

I do have one question... If there a way that I could of created one button that was lined up nicely, then move it around (constrained to the live surface) but have it correct the direction it was facing as well? I would want each button to be facing towards the normal of the surface they are on. Does anyone know how to do that? Does that make sense? Thanks.

Attached Thumbnails