Thread: Marking Menus?
View Single Post
# 1 09-08-2003 , 09:43 PM

Marking Menus?

Hi all.
Im working in Maya 4.5 Fundamentals currently. The author mentioned a marking menu that is suppose to come up when I hold down W E or R and hold my LMB down but for some reason they arent coming up. I am getting a completely different Marking menu.

For example: when I hold down W and use my LMB I should see a marking menu that says Translate Y Translate Z Translate X Translate XYZ...... BUT I dont...... the marking menu that comes up for me has Local, Object, World, Normal, Move Options, Keep Spacing, Relative Mode, Snap Move and Update Triad.

All of the marking menus that come up when I hold down the move, scale or rotatehotkeys are not what the book says they should be.

The book had me load some marking menus and some hotkey files in my prefs for Maya... maybe this is whats screwing me up? I dont see how though since they made me load these.

Should I be getting the marking menus I mentioned up above (with the translate Y etc) by default?

Id really appreciate any ideas or help. Ive gone back and reloaded all the files they asked me to and closed and restarted Maya....... even went to Add/Remove Programs and tried to Modify then Repair Maya hoping it would help but, no go. user added image

Thanks In Advance All, Harvezter user added image