Thread: the new dragon
View Single Post
# 17 28-08-2003 , 06:37 AM
I think I saw the same site actually!!!! I downloaded a few examples for reference. The texture I am using for the eyes right now was originally from highend3d.com but I changed it to make it more the way I liked it. Still penty of work to do on textures.
Thank you for the feedback on softening edges. I still need to get a definate grip on NURBS, but little by little... I tried the sculpt tool, didn't like it all that much... It doesn't seem to do much more than i would do by manually manipulating the vertices. It may be because I am still keeping the number of isoparms to the absolute minimum. In the other dragon, I got to the point where there were so many vertices I couldn't control it anymore. I am trying to avoid it with this model.
Also I am trying to get the entire model done first, then see how much level of detail I can add without going too crazy.
I really appreciate your last postings 3dgurl, because you point out specific areas of improvement. Thank you! Did you see I followed your suggestion on smoothing the top of the head part? It looks better now! Thanks very much for that!

Sy