View Single Post
# 11 02-09-2003 , 03:21 PM
Subscriber

Problem getting vertices to snap?

Hi all,
I have been following an Alias tutorial on making a Poly gearwheel. The problem arises when I need to get the sided back straight after scaling them in all directions....

It says to go into side view, select all the Top vertices, press 'Snap to grid' and when you pull up - they are all supposed to even out along the Grid-line...so then you turn off Grid snap and put them back and your gear has a nice flat side...
For some reason mine don't? I have tried the 'Tool Options' and any others I can think of, but just cannot get the vertices to individually snap. - They all keep their original shape..?
Any Ideas?
In the picture you can see that I have pulled all vertices from the side of the gear up, and they indeed have snapped to the grid...But keeping same shape??? I'm sure there must be an option or something that I need to turn on, adjust or whatever..

Regards Scraggy

[EDIT]
Thanks to NitroLiq and Fredriksson for the help, all sorted out now, I had to go to 'Move tool options' and Unchecked 'Keep Spacing' Box ...... to get it to snap properly.

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by Scraggy_Dogg; 02-09-2003 at 04:56 PM.