Thread: the new dragon
View Single Post
# 76 15-09-2003 , 04:37 PM
Subscriber
It doesn't say 'dragon' to me when I look at it really, but might just be me.

The head looks a bit dog like - if you are going for a cartoonish dragon look perhaps work on lifting the forehead and elongating the snout a tad, it doesn't look very lizard like. I think the dog like nose makes it look less like a dragon than anything, perhaps look at some source pics. Nice ears but you copuld make them more of a feature by making them bigger.

Perhaps make the neck a bit longer. It might need a tail. The forelegs look a little long (only going on dragons I have seen in books as I suppose there is no such thing as a 'realistic' dragon), again adding to the 'flying dog' feel.

Spyro does have longer forelegs but I have always thought the body on that character looked more like a gryphon than a dragon anyway.

https://www.kingdomquest.com/joeog/e_spyro.gif

In either case sorting out the head and neck would make the dragon feel come through a bit more.

You might want to work on the weight of the back legs and give them more muscle. The body looks a bit thick and heavy. Nice wings and the back feet look good, if a tad small.

I think you should start your own thread as this one is meant to be for comments about Silvia's dragon after all (on which those textures are looking really nice btw).