View Single Post
# 29 28-09-2003 , 11:54 AM
Subscriber

You guys keep ragging on the CG, none of you here could make anything HALF that real.

I hope you have never said you did not like a piece of music, unless of course you are a professional musician. Lets hope you never said 'classical music sucks' unless you can write a good concerto or opera.

I hope you have never been to a gallery and said 'I don't like that painting', unless of course you are a professional artist. Let's hope you never looked at the work of a modern artist with disdain unless you had something recently purchased by Charles Saatchi.

I hope you never said 'I didn't like that book' unless you are a professional writer. Indeed lets hope you never criticised the works of Shakespeare, unless of course you could do something that good and people perform your plays all over the world to critical acclaim.

I also hope you never said you did not like a film unless you just won an oscar or signed a major production deal.

Etc etc.

Actually I hope none of these things. You don't have to be able to produce something as good or even at all to criticise a work. It's called having a view. And just because people have a different view from yours does not make them useless artists, pointless critics or even, surprisingly, wrong.