View Single Post
# 1 13-10-2003 , 07:18 AM

Circle of life ... time to close this one.

Hello buddies,

I´ve had a very good time with you guys. Much has happened in this year, many a friend have I got to know in this site, and many will still be.

I´m writing this few words, since I´ve come to realize I no longer pursue an active 3d career. Quite sincerely, I haven´t used Maya in many a months. I believe I have a far better chance in the graphic design industry, and as such I´m going to try to focus all my efforts into regaining and honing my creative eye.

Many thanks to many people, of whom I particularly remember; (In no particular order by the way)
  • BulletProof (Did you know the actual logo of Simplylightwave was created by him in a challenge run by me?)
    Darkon (He´s a rocker dude)
    Roman (Terribly good friend of whom I´ve lost contact over time)
    K (Very good friend. His Andrea Gails animation tests are just a small thing to come from this great dude.)
    Mike (Dude´s bright. That´s for sure)
    RageCGI (Don´t change buddy. Incredibly great guy. Frigging knows a lot about everything graphics related.)
    Kurt (Got that artistic flair, I know he´s gonna get far)
    HogwardsPotter (Best 2d to 3d ratio guy I´ve seen. :p)
    Danny (Man, now this guy knows Maya for sure. He loves partying too. If you want to laugh, be sure to catch one of his special webcam screenings.)
    DaveBaer (Incredibly great guy, didn´t have a chance to chat him up, but he sure does know what he´s doing when critiquing. Not for the faint of hearth though. By the way, his thesis proyect featured lot´s of us in the credits. Loved watching those credits roll. Thanks for that mate.)
    Darkware (One of the best critiquers around this place.)
    Nitroliq (Man, que te puedo decir? Still going to go for the WShark thing. Hopefully, we will meet again in the future. On the meantime, thanks for the very good times. Sure won a friend around this place.)
    M (Now this guy sure did work a frigging lot on those challenges. Spammed these forums for a while, but all around a nice guy.)
    Mumbojumbo_13 (If there is one bright kid in this place, it´s this guy. One of the few I can see making a very good career if he follows his passion with the same spirit he undertakes every project. Still remember him when he didn´t know jack about Maya. Probably knows more of it than I do now.)
    EagleKing (Very crazy dude. Would get depressed in a matter of seconds. Then be back to normal as if nothing happened. Don´t tell him jack about his cousin though .. he still thinks it´s a blapshemy. :p)
    Vectorman (Finished a particular independent film, some aliens killing some monocycle dudes. Very freaky stuff. The director was far more freaky though. He pushed on though, and showed me some lessons about staying focused on something. Wanted to battle me, guess that´s one raincheck I´m going to have to take. Very cool guy.)
    Tariqrf (Lol, flamed this guy to kingdome come. Hopefully he won´t spam this place anymore. :p)
    Dragonfx (A newcomer, but a latin one. Hey, blood is blood. Cool guy, suerte con todo hermano.)
    Brian_ellebracht (Shit. He totally destroyed me in a flower battle. Still think it´s one of my best models to date. :p)
    GCastro (Guy´s one of the best dudes I´ve ever known. Period.)
    David (Damnit dude. I don´t know how you manage to code so much stuff, and still get drunk. EXCELLENT buddy. Trully excellent guy.)

And particularly to Kevin ... Many a times we had to chat over women, beer, trips, beer, trips, bitches, and some stories you wouldn´t even imagine. Lol. Guy´s one of the best dudes I´ve ever known in me life, and trully hope I get to meet up in some point of the future. Take care of the kiddo mate.

Many many a thanks to the people which make this a great thriving place to be. Please do enjoy the place. Don´t spoil it, be nice to new guys, and if you´re gonna fight, at least make sure you use the F word a lot. :p

I´m stepping down as moderator, since quite sincerely I feel we need some fresh talent around this place. Will still post ocasionally, as SimplyCrack is not easy to overcome. user added image

Have fun mates.
Live a great life in the process.

Attached Images

adldesigner
Caracas, Venezuela
Hell .. not gone perse, but with a certainly lower post count per day.

Last edited by adldesigner; 13-10-2003 at 07:29 AM.