View Single Post
# 7 23-10-2003 , 07:39 PM
Dockode: All AI's are good, but if you ask around, AI Pittsburgh seems to be the best choice for some reason. When I went to AI Ft. Lauderdale, a lot of students dropped out and transfered there.

Hey Goni, I went to AI Ft. Lauderdale back in 96 for their Recording Engineering and Music Business course. I wasn't too thrilled with it at the time. I don't know if they've changed since then, but if they have all new staff then I'm sure they have. I wasn't pleased with the faculty, but the courses were pretty on point. The dorms were total shit and way too expensive for what they were, a converted Days Inn with no cooking facilities which forced you to either eat out all the time or dine in their *cough!* wonderful in-house diner. Which btw, is run by students who also did the cooking. Oh, and you also have to pay for parking every quarter which is like $45. But it's still cheaper than parking meters and way cheaper than a towing bill. :p

I just graduated from AI:MIU (Art Institute : Miami International University of Art and Design) formerly International Fine Arts College. Have you considered them? They have a Maya program there and offer a Masters degree in 3D Animation. I don't think AI Ft. Laud has that yet, and I think they teach 3DSMax there instead of Maya.

DMAC - Digital Media Arts College was started by the old animation department head from my school. Most of the staff there were teachers and faculty from IFAC so I can tell you that they're good people over there and know what they're doing. One of the teachers there used to work for SEGA. But I don't blame you for being skiddish about them being such a 'young' school. Give them a few years, they'll grow.

What part of Florida are you in, btw?

user added image

Dave Baer
Professor of Digital Arts
Digital Media Arts College
Boca Raton, Florida
dbaer@dmac.edu

Last edited by dave_baer; 23-10-2003 at 07:42 PM.