View Single Post
# 30 21-09-2002 , 07:06 AM

Nautilus Version 2.0

Hello again .. user added image

I´m posting my new "improved" version of the Nautilus ...

Improvements are:
- Better front window ... (note the window frames)
- Added front lights
- Tail fin now has rudder
- NO non-manifold geometry, nor double edges (perfect geometry -and hope it stays that way user added image - )

Curious tip about this sub is the fact that it does not have propellers, but jet engine (4 as a matter of fact), as water enters through the main holes in the front of the craft, it gets accelerated by two engines on each side, and since the back holes are smaller, a high pressure vortex is created,sending water out at high pressure through them thus propullsing the sub through water (Resembling more a jet ski* in propulsion than a conventional sub)

This is the third version of the sub, but since I posted only the second then I´m naming this one Ver. 2.0. (Completely rebuilt)

It´s not beveled yet, since I intend to work a lot more on detailing first .. but I tried almost every single edge, and to my amazement .. it finally worked!

By the way, I photographed the sub in that angle as to leave something to the imagination also, since I have a few surprises in store regarding this sub.. user added image

Expect more images in the next couple of days ...
(When´s the deadline bound?)
Appreciate the feedback though ... user added image

*although a jet ski works using a similar principle, it uses water pumps instead of rotors or propellers

adldesigner
Caracas, Venezuela
Hell .. not gone perse, but with a certainly lower post count per day.

Last edited by adldesigner; 21-09-2002 at 07:12 AM.