View Single Post
# 100 24-11-2003 , 04:08 AM
Subscriber
Hay there Chris.. thanks for the wow.. yeah it seems to blur under the eyes. And there is that stretch in the texture in the middle side of the face. Both are from texture swimming when I smooth the horse and the UV’s smooth linearly. I have a plan to take care of that but I’m not ready to start tweaking the UV’s at that level. I knew it would happen but when I seen that I was like WTF ? LOL. Your last post was not lame! Yes. That’s a good point about the spec and I will be using it. Yep. Actually I’m painting the fur in the bump map first, and duplicating with some modifications for the color. Really its giving me a bit of trouble as I’m having problems changing the color of the hairs. But anyway.. I will fix that.. its taking so long, and I think the fur is a bit to sparse. I’m looking in to other methods to make the texture now.. do you think using the bump for also the defuse would be over kill ?

Zykotik ! GreyFox.. thanks.. (grins)

Oh Scraggy_Dogg, I wished I worked or had horses right now. Yeah I really love them. I will have some, someday soon. Hay don’t worry about the noob, I love C+C and if I think its off I will just explain why. So.. Your right about the boniness on the face. I was trying for the softness in the nose and it kind of crept along up the face.. LOL also, I didn’t tweak as much as I could have. I have bean trying to not be such the perfectionist at the moment so I could make sure I get things done that need to be before the challenge end. Also I thought when I put the fur or the texture map on it, that it would change some how it looked and responded to the light. I am definitely noting your comments though and will go back to the face and see what I can work out with it. Good call !