View Single Post
# 36 30-11-2003 , 05:35 AM
Subscriber
Thx pony ...glad u like the hat, it took a while to find a suitable looking base texture and then the clone 'n' healing tool in photoshop did the rest.
Working slowly on that bump map, fourth attempt so far...just cant seem to get the effect i like but itll come im sure theres a long time left yet.
Thx for the kind words 'M' appreciated...could u be a little more specific about the ear ?...as id like to fix anything earlier rather than later...do u thing the top edge is a little sharp? or is it the fact that the hat runs into it a little...or even the colorless look to it as i havent dealt with that part of the skin texture yet?
Anyways thanx for the crits it helps tremendously and yup i never used a modelling before this year but i did read quite a bit about it on the net as i had a great interest and hopefully grasped the fundementals at a reasonable pace, however all my efforts went into polygon modelling and file textures not shaders (as i was working on game mods...not realistic scenes)...so im kinda struggling with lights and skin effects etc..most tutorials never seem to have that lil bit u need to grasp it firmly inside yur head i think ..in my case anyway.

"Hear That Thunder"!!