View Single Post
# 1 25-09-2002 , 02:10 AM
SM Alumni

Any musicians here?

Saw the martial arts post and thought I'd post my own. Been playing the guitar on and off for about 27 years, keys for about 6, and drums for 4 or so. Music has always been a passion of mine, first love you might say user added image

Slowly working on an album to get my music going, always been too lazy and too protective of my principles before user added image I'm mostly into Progressive Rock, but also Heavy Metal, Classical, New Age, some Jazz, and the hard to categorize "soundtrack" type music user added image

Got some nice equipment, just sold my drumkit not too long ago- 6 piece Premier Resonator kit, got an '89 Charval Mod 6 Electric guitar with all Jackson neck and hardware, active eq, metal pots and switches,etc. But my babies are my keys. Got a Roland JV-1000 with the VE-JV 1 voice expansion board and the Vintage Synth expansion board. Now we come to my baby, got a Kurzweil K2500SX with added P-RAM, grand piano daughterboard, and both the Orchestral and Contemporary ROM blocks! To top it off I have a Mackie CR1604-VLZ mixer.

For recording I only use the synths, routed with both MIDI and audio into my keyboards, audio through the mixer of course user added image In the computer I use Sonar, Waves Gold Bundle, and Sound Forge.

Nice thing about all this is, I can combine my love of music and my love of graphics. I can soundtrack any projects I do, or make animated videos of my music user added image

Ok, anyone else here make music?

Darkon

Red bellows of flame have blackened my stones
Convulsing my frame and cracking my bones
Hell's dragons of steel who roar in their chains
Crawl into my caves to suck out my veins.....

-The Mountain P.F.M.